To The Mom Who Thinks Homeschool Bloggers Have It All Together

I have heard it time and time again. Apparently the ever so helpful blogs we all love to read, and the ever so perfect Pinterest boards are causing moms everywhere to feel defeated and less than. The homeschoolers look like they have the perfect schedule going on for their kids. Their curriculum choices are flawless. Everyone is finished by 2:00 pm on the dot. They have immaculate homeschool rooms that are a designer’s dream.

Homeschool Bloggers Don't Have It All Together - TheJoyfulFamily.com

News Flash you are only seeing the highlights of the week. You aren’t seeing the behind the scenes of the day. You aren’t seeing that child throw a temper tantrum over having to do their math. You aren’t seeing the science project fall apart and become a huge mess. You aren’t seeing everyone running around in their jams come lunch time, or the fact that dinner is about to be on the table and we are scrambling to finish our grammar for the day.

Our homeschool is a day by day process. Are all of our days something that I want to write about? Um no! But, I don’t ever want a homeschool mom to give up because she feels she isn’t doing a good enough job. The job requirements for a homeschool mom do not require that we are perfect. Know that all those amazing homeschool bloggers have the same kind of days that you do. The days when they want to send everyone to bed and start fresh tomorrow.

Your homeschool may not look like mine, and mine doesn’t look like the next mom’s. We need to be confident in who we are and what God has called us to do in our homes. We can’t play the comparison game with our children’s learning needs. I hate to think that there are moms out there who felt they couldn’t keep up and so they quit. Every single one of us is equipped with everything we need to have a successful homeschool journey. The Holy Spirit. He is right there walking this journey with us.

He is really all we need. If the only thing I had to teach my children day in and day out is the Holy Spirit…I am confident in His ability. Knowing that He knows every little thing they need. So relax, stop comparing, and enjoy the greatest gift ever.

About Heather

I am a wife of 15 years to my best friend, mom to 6 incredible little ones, and a daughter of the King! Join me on my journey as I strive to serve the Lord with all my heart and live my life to the fullest!

10 Responses to To The Mom Who Thinks Homeschool Bloggers Have It All Together

1. Rebecca March 22, 2013 at 7:48 am #

AMEN – I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – you only see what you are allowed to see. SO many of us work hard to be authentic and share, encourage and build up – but there are things we have to protect – our children’s/husbands’ hearts. LOVE LOVE your post!

2. Sara March 22, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Thank you for sharing ;).

3. Alison Wood March 22, 2013 at 11:07 am #

Thanks for the encouragement. Some days we have it altogether and some days we don’t. It’s a busy job, but glad I get to do it. Keep up the encouraging posts. We homeschooling moms need it!

Visiting from Pint-sized Treasures

4. Jennifer March 22, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

Thanks for being so transparent and encouraging! Great post!!!
    I’m visiting from : http://aheartforthehome.com/ Would love to get to know you better! blessings!

• Heather March 25, 2013 at 11:05 am #

Thank you 🙂 So glad that we connected. I look forward to getting to know you as well! Blessings.

5. Heather {Upside Down Homeschooling} March 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Amen- a homeschool mom who says she never has a bad day is deceiving herself! It’s time for us to start being real. Share the good along with the bad. Encourage other moms through your mess. That is what we’re called to do! 🙂

Thanks for being BOLD enough to write this post, Heather!

6. Jamie March 22, 2013 at 5:43 pm #

Although I wasn’t thinking that all other home school parents have it all together, yesterday I was having one of those days where I felt like I couldn’t keep up with it all. I was thinking about throwing in the towel and sending my boys to public school next year. I had to remind myself that I don’t have to be perfect, just do the best I can! Thanks for this reminder today, I needed it.

• Heather March 25, 2013 at 11:03 am #

I have to remind myself often that I just need to do the best I can. My best combined with God’s amazing grace is more than enough to get my kiddos everything they need. 🙂 Thank you for stopping by!

7. Jess-Let the Wildflowers Grow March 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

I am a Homeschool blogger in Australia!I have shared our journey to get here openly with my readers,and I think they all know just how hard that alone has been.I share our day openly,and not just the highlights.Because my days are sometimes not highlighted,and that is fine.We are able to stop what we are doing and just move on.
    I am only new to Homeschooling still,but I do love it.And I love reading other bloggers who also Homeschool share it.Jess x

• Heather March 25, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

I love when bloggers keep it real! Thank you for stopping by and for sharing how you do things! 🙂