To The Homeschool Mom Who Is Ready To Quit

You just finished the worst day on the books this year. The tears started at handwriting, and it went downhill from there. Trust me we have all had those days. The days when you are ready to march down to the local school and enroll your entire family. Wouldn’t that be so much easier anyway? Let someone else teach them, and you get them back for the fun times after school. The thought crosses your mind, but you know in your heart that would only make you miserable.

To The Homeschool Mom Ready to Quit

Why? Because, homeschooling is your  ministry. No, it may not be super glamorous all the time, and yes it is hard work. It takes commitment and dedication. It is your ministry, it is what you were called to do at this season in your life. Your children are the greatest gift that a mother could ever be given. Our children are a heritage of the Lord. He has given them to us to nurture, protect, and to train up in the way they should go. What is that way? To follow after God with their whole hearts, to strive to be absolutely great for Him.

Homeschooling will not always be easy, but the good far out weighs the bad. Getting to wake up and teach your child something new. Seeing their little eyes light up when they finally catch that concept they have been struggling with, that is the greatest gift. In that moment, you forget all the bad for a few minutes and see that what you are doing really is working.

So homeschool mom who is ready to quit….DON’T! What you are doing is a ministry. I know when the bad days come, I stop and remember that. It helps to know what I am doing really is worth the hard work.

I am sharing this on Titus Tuesday.

Share and Enjoy

• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Add to favorites

About Heather

I am a wife of 15 years to my best friend, mom to 6 incredible little ones, and a daughter of the King! Join me on my journey as I strive to serve the Lord with all my heart and live my life to the fullest!

11 Responses to To The Homeschool Mom Who Is Ready To Quit

1. Lindsay @ Bytes of Memory March 9, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

so so true! There are always tough days.. but the good days far out weigh them! Wonderful post!

2. Brent Peterson March 10, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Thank you Heather for the post. We homeschool our girls (actually my wife Eve deserves all the credit :). I will share your blog with her. Keep up the great work!

• Heather March 11, 2013 at 10:46 am #

Thank you! So glad that you stopped by 🙂

3. Heather March 11, 2013 at 9:24 am #

Yes, that! We all have those kinds of days and I find it so helpful to take a step back, remind myself why I’m doing what I’m doing and then usually do something we all enjoy to pop us out of the funk. Homeschooling is so incredibly rewarding, but it is also challenging – even on easier days… It is amazing what a little prayer and laughter will do to change the perspective.

• Michele March 11, 2013 at 11:53 am #

Great post Heather! May God reward you:)

4. Deedra March 11, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I so needed to hear this today. I was ready to throw in the towel. I have twin 8-year old boys and a 7 year old boy schooling at home. None of which could care any less about learning. Most days I wonder if I’m doing them a disservice by trying to do this at home.

• Heather March 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm #

Trust me I have been there. I have twins too, and it isn’t always easy. Just remember the reward is bigger than any of the bad days. I will be praying for you. 🙂

• Deedra March 13, 2013 at 10:59 am #

Thank you!

5. Tiffany March 12, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

Yes! It is our ministry to them, and us! Thank you for the reminder.

6. Sarah @ My Joy-Filled Life March 13, 2013 at 2:25 pm #

Thanks Heather! I’m having one of “those” days!!

7. Demetria @ Christian Homeschool Moms March 29, 2013 at 10:02 am #

Absolutely! It’s our journey and we must constantly remind ourselves on those days when we want to throw in the towel, that God will help us through it.

Thanks for this reminder.